Sender:
From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 10:14:29 -0400
>As has been mentioned before, the address of the sender of
>a message is always included in message, even if your e-mail
>program does not display it.  For most, you can simply click
>"Forward" or "Reply," and the private e-mail address will show
>up on the new e-mail, even if you could not see it otherwise.
>Then you can click on the address or "cut-and-paste" to send
>to the sender only.

This depends on the setting.  Conch-L is set so that replies go to the list
by default, rather than the sender, although some email programs may be
able to override this.

My email program, an ancient version of Eudora, has a "from" line that
contains the return addresss of the actual sender, as opposed to the
Conch-L address.

Another possibility is to encourage everyone to include their email address
in their signature for the benefit of those using programs that make it
hard to find the address.

More shell related than the above:
At the risk of generating replies to the list, anyone who has been waiting
for replies from me will be glad to know that the dissertation is turned
in, so that I can catch up on collecting, organizing, replying, etc.

Dr. David Campbell
"Old Seashells"
Department of Geological Sciences
CB 3315 Mitchell Hall
Chapel Hill NC 27599-3315 USA
[log in to unmask], 919-962-0685, FAX 919-966-4519

"He had discovered an unknown bivalve, forming a new genus"-E. A. Poe, The
Gold Bug