Sender:
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 11:28:16 -0400
8bit
From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Emilio,

the website in under construction, but the name is:

www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at

The website requires an explorer, internet explorer 4.0 minimum or netscape 4.0

If you build up this address www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at

you will reach a red roating sign

click at this side

then you will get into the site of the museum with different links, at the moment only in German.
Under the left portal you'll find a link
with Sammlungen und Forschung
click on there and you will go to another page with a menus list at the left side on greenish
underground.
There you can find a link to the Naturwissenschaften. Click there and you'll find
the page of the Natural History Department in the Feldstrasse 11 a, where is this part
of the museum. For the moment the site is only in German, but believe me we have a museum
with some collecting areas. You can scroll down until you find at rhe right side a picture
with a landshells and cone-shells. Otherwise if you don't believe it, you can ask Maria Antonietta
Angoy of La Conchiglia (The Shell). There is also an article about the musem in

Year XXX, n. 288, July, September 1998, page 40 - 41.

Thanks of mine to some persons, who have contributed to the museums collection, you
can find under the links at Ross Mayhews site.

The major part of the museum is a historical and art museum with the part of the natural history
department including the most important Lepidoptera collection of the Alps. Our custos or
collecting manager, I don't know which expression you need, is entomologist and wellknown
worldwide for Zygenidae. For us we are really enthusiasm in the shell collection and I spend
the most time here to build and reorganize this collection after the grave flood catastrophe
from 1985. I don't ask the Liguus not for my private collection, as I collect only European
shells, but really for the museums collection.

A part of my homepage if you could see is dedicated the museum collection and kept alive
by my provider. Look here at the museums collection. There you will find a short descrption
of the shell collection and the list of the persons, those have contributed to the collection.
I hope you believe me and you can ask Paul Monfils, Richard Goldberg, eg.
I would be very pleased if you can realla spare some Liggus specimens for the museum.
On the other hand I can send you some landshells from Austria and Italy, including  micros.
But I would wish me some Liguus specimens as donation for the museums collection, where
my mother and I have been responsible for this collection since 1972.

Hope to hear again from you as soon as possible.

with best greetings and this time real serious
Helmut from Innsbruck

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Innsbruck
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/
           (please visit it and sign guestbook)

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37

----------
Helmut Nisters wrote:

> Hi Emilio,
>
> did you just eat ostrich steaks. They meat is very good and characterful, but I overgrilled
> them a little bit too much. My mother doesn't like again quite bloody or rose, but I love it.
> Next time I try it better.
> Can you spare a few  Liguus for the museum.
> Heliguus from Innsbruck

Hello!

Hi Helmet, Yes we had Ostrich last Sunday at the Hyatt brunch in Lake
Buena Vista. It was OK. They also had venison and everything else you
could imagine to eat, even whole baby Octopus (they were reddish and
were a bit too rubbery).

Does the museum have a website? Like cismar at;

http://www.cismar.de/

I have never heard of the museum you keep referring to.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power

Please visit;

"The Liguus Home Page"