Sender:
From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 10:19:51 -0400
Dear People of the Conch-List

I feel that many persons of the list don't understand my endeavour for the shell collection
of the museum and the askings for shells, as today I got a very bad answer. I really don't
want to be annoying, but for me in Innsbruck it is the only possibility to do so. I'll never
ask any more for shells public on the list. Sorry for this, but I hope you'll understand me,
that this really was one of my few possibilities to get some shells for the collection which
I love as it is mine. But it is really the collection of the museum and my mother and I
are really volunteers. We also spend our cash for excursions for collecting material, which
always will be shared with the museums collection. So I was really dependent on help
by other collectors too and I'll give my thank to all, that have contributed to the shell
collection of the museum. I hope that anybody believe that ii is not my private collection,
it is the collection of the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum in Innsbruck. The museum
is mainly a museum of art and history and of entomology. Besides these collections and
studying fields the museums collection consists of a botanic collection, mineralogy,
imbalsamted mammals and birds, beetles and last but not least the shell collection, where
we have been responsible as volunteers since 1972 when the natural history department
has been founded. You all can read this in La Conchiglia Year XXX - nr 288. July September
1998.
So I ask me again if it would not better for you, that I am quitting the list. I don't like to do
it but this bad e-mail from today nearly convince me to do it. This letter made me sad,
as I really want to do the best for the museum.
I hope to hear from you as soon as possible. I don't joke any more. Sorry for annoying
with best regards
Helmut Nisters from Innsbruck

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Innsbruck
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/
           (please visit it and sign guestbook)

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37