Sender:
From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 16:27:50 -0400
Dear Conchlers,

I want to explain once more how to get into the website of the museum and to find at
the moment only a few informations about the shell collection, although in German.
But the site is again under construction and the museum doesn't have much money
to let make the translations. As the website is only recent and only a few weeks old,
the representation of the shell collection of the Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum is a part of my website. The address of my work
is at the right side of my website, the link to the museums collection is opening another
site introducing the museums collection.

But now I am telling you how to reach the website of the Tiroler Landesmuseum and the
website of the natural history department

give the following website into the address:
But it's only working with a browser of iexplorer 4.0 or higher and netscape 4.0 or higher,
each other browser 4.0, but not less

www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at
then a site wirh a roating sign of the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum will come on.
Please click at this site and another site with the
house (palace) of the Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum will appear.
Here you find the portals of the museum
At the leftest portal - I think - is a link
Sammlungen Forschung (always in German).
Click on this and you'll get to another site of the Museum
On the left side of this page you find a menue (all in German) with many links to
the several collecting and studying areas
Click here on
Naturwissenschaften
and you will reach the quested page.
Here are the names of the collaborators of the natuiral history department and among the
few names you'll find my name too.
I think the text is
Zoologie (Mollusken) Helmut Nisters, like this. eg.
If you scroll down on the right side of this page, you will find several points asking like the
following
Was sammeln wir, eg
Going further down you'll find at the right side an image of a stone, of a bird, of the herbarium
and amont them to images of a landshell and of cone-shells. If you click at one of these
photos you get to the landshells-site, if you click at the cones the site with the marine
shells will be opened.

But I tell you again. The sites will be enlarged later and are again under construction.
But you'll find all, what is for the moment.
The museum will think for translation, but very very later.

I hope this helps and with best greetings again from Innsbruck
Helmut
Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Innsbruck
phone and fax: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/
           (please visit it and sign guestbook)

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37