Sender:
From:
Jan Haspeslagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 May 2000 21:11:47 +0200
OK, I've started it a bit, so I cannot stay silent on this top-10, can I ?

here they are:

Buccinum undatum (sinistral) : because it is so hard to find
Chlamys opercularis (var. lineata) : because this is a common yet so
unique shell
Pholas dactylus : because it seems so fragile and strange when alive
Strombus gigas : for the same reasons everybody likes this shell
Colus islandicus : because my mother used to collect these from
fishermen like hot pies
Troschelia bernisiensis : because my mother (again) had a unique source
for this rarity
Conus gloriamaris : well, this is obvious
Pinna nobilis : well if you could see my 785 mm beauty, you'd know too
Glossus humanus : the form of forms : a heartshaped shell, what more do
you need to love it!

and last but not least:

Mytilus edulis : cooked in a delicate white wine and seasoned with
French Fries and my wife's unbeatable mussel sauce : yummy!!!!!

Jan Haspeslagh
Belgium