Sender:
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 16:30:02 -0500
7bit
From:
"Andrew K. Rindsberg" <[log in to unmask]>
Comments:
Amy,
Thank you. This new service is delightful. I've tested it for only a few
minutes and already found that I am responsible for 442 messages to Conch-L,
and that Paul Monfils is responsible for at least 688 under two different
addresses.

The word 'fossil' appears in 739 messages, 'Alabama' in 1116 (not
differentiating between its use in the subject matter and as part of several
people's bylines). A query for 'fossil and Alabama' cut the number down to
124. This could be very helpful for finding that lost message on the
Cretaceous Trigonia of New Zealand!

As to the mood of Conch-L, which has been much discussed lately, a search
for 'angry' found 50 messages, 'stupid' 112, 'useless' 50, and 'bad' 542.
But 'good' outweighed 'bad', scoring a whopping 3510, and no fewer than 526
messages use the word 'wonderful'. And that's what Conch-L is to me: a lot
of good, a little bad. Wonderful!

Andrew K. Rindsberg
Geological Survey of Alabama