Sender:
From:
Nancy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 16:15:25 -0400
Hi everyone, especially those of you Cypraea collectors out there.

To make a really long story short, I'm trying to determine if there are
similarities of size ratios of the three Macrocypraea species, zebra,
cervus and cervinetta.    Unfortunately, although I do have several
specimens, I need data from many more for an objective and more thorough
examination.

So, if anyone feels really helpful out there and has nothing to do on this
beautiful weekend... <grin>, all height, length and width measurements for
Macrocypraea cervus, cervinetta and zebra would be MOST gratefully
appreciated; just list LxWxH for each specimen, noting which species they
belong to.  :)    The more the better, feel free to load up my inbox with
data if you like.  :)   And just so I'm not assuming that I'm on the same
wavelength with everyone else, by 'length' I mean the greatest measurement
from anterior to posterior canal tips, 'width' from columellar margin to
labral margin, and 'height' from the base to top of dorsum.    Please do
email me directly so I don't bore everybody on the list to death with
numbers.  :)

This will be a big help to me, plus satisfy a curiosity as well.   Now if
someone has already determined a standard "ratio" assumed for such a thing
in the Macrocypraea genus, don't hesitate to tell me I'm wasting my time,
please.... :)

Thanks to you all in advance,
Nancy Smith