Sender:
From:
Jan Haspeslagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:25:32 +0200
Dear Conch-L'ers,

This is a request to the taxonomists,malacologists, scientists and
librarians among us.

One of my colleagues, Dr. Ward Vanden Berghe is involved in a project,
aiming at building up a taxonomic database of West-Indian Ocean
Mollusca. This work is incorporated in a much larger
information-exchange-project, called RECOSCIX (for extensive information
see:
http://ioc.unesco.org/iode/activities/info_man/recoscix/recoscix.htm ).
One of the difficulties in this work is to locate the basic taxonomic
literature on this subject. Therefore, I'd like to call in for your help
and support.

We would need as much literature references as possible (and by
preference copies of the articles or book chapters themselves) of
descriptions of  Molluscan taxa from the West Indian Ocean region, more
specifically : the seas between the East-African coast and the 70°
latitude (approx. Diego Garcia Island). In return, cooperants will be
provided with the established database.

May we ask to forward this message also to interested parties without
access to the Conch-L mailing list ? We do hope some of you have access
to this kind of information and will be able to help us.

For all replies on this subject , please mail to :

Best regards,

--
Jan Haspeslagh
bibliothecaris/librarian VLIZ

email : [log in to unmask]

VLIZ
Vlaams Instituut voor de Zee vzw
Flanders Marine Institute
Victorialaan 3 - B-8400 Oostende, Belgium
Tel. +32-(0)59-34 21 30
Fax +32-(0)59-34 21 31
http :www.vliz.be