Sender:
Date:
Sat, 17 Jun 2000 10:50:31 -0400
8bit
From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Steve and Wanda,

they told me to send the parcel to the chairman Dave Green, but he had no e-mail So I sent
it to his address, but indeed I didn't get any answer if he has receipt the parcel or not.
He should be the chairman of the auction. The parcel was containing about 50 species
of landshells from the Tyrol and Northern Italy with a few other localities more. I think
that you will reach quite good cash for you and COA, the first bidding should start about
200 - 250 dollars, as there are also some rarer and endemic species, from 1 - 10 specimens/ lot.
There are really a few interesting species in it. I wanted to send a list with all the species
but it came as rejected back by conch-l as an application of msword. So I don't know if
the list arrived. I hope to hear from you very soon or if there was an answer of receipt
of the shells. Can you send me the answer. The parcel got out with priority. So it must have
arrived in time.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut from Innsbruck

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/
           (please visit it and sign guestbook)
always looking for shellgrit from all over the world
for my nearly 89 years aged mother Irmgard
to makes happy and to keep up her health

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
web: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at
        (specimen donations to the
         Tiroler Landesmuseum molluscs collection
         are always appreciated)

Helmut,

It is my understanding that your donation of land shells did indeed arrive.
The individuals who are chairing the auction committee have recently moved
and have not re-connected to Conch-L.  In  a recent planning meeting they
mentioned receiving the shells.  Thank you very much for your donation.

Steven Coker
Texas

See Y'all in Houston