Sender:
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 09:48:10 +0100
7bit
From:
Eddie Clamp <[log in to unmask]>
While sorting out my shells etc. I came across a book I was given many years
ago. Inside is a card which says:

"To mark the Diamond Jubilee of The 'Shell' Transport aqnd Trading Company,
Limited

THE CHAIRMAn
hopes that you will accept this copy of a book entitled 'THE SCALLOP'

18 October 1957.

I am rather pleased to rediscover this little treasure which was written by
eight authors and edited by Ian Cox C.B.E. MA.

It includes a foreword by The Rt Hon Lord Godber (Chairman).
Shell: A Word's Pedigree by B. Woledge, MA
The Living Scallop by W>J> Rees, D.Sc
A Symbol in Ancient Times by Sir Mortimer Wheeler
The Badge of St James by Christopher Hohler MA
The Cradle of Venus by James Laver CBE
Escallops in Armory by The Hon. Sir Gearge Bellew
An Excursion into the Americas by Adrian Digby MA
The Scallop at the Table by Paul Gaultier

all with many nice illustrations.

Anyone else hold this book? I suppose many of the writers are no longer with
us.

Thought some of you may be interested.

Ed