Sender:
From:
Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:33:42 -0700
Rick,

Thanks for the information. I started my website yesterday. I decided to
put a navigation frame down the left side with all the classification and
species listed. When you click on the species names, the photo and
information for that species is displayed in the right-hand frame. It
will include a scan of a shell from my collection and probably the usual info
about the species that are found in most field guides: synonyms, description,
size, habitat, additional comments, and any links or references I may find.
I'll be adding it to my website soon, in its rudimentary form, and adding
to it as an on-going project. I don't have all the species on our coast, but
I can show most of what we have...and add species later as I aquire them or
photos of them. I will be including a Links and References section which
will include a list of all the books and websites I've gleaned information
from for my write-ups. Your book, as well as Kosloff, Morris et al, Rehder,
Rice, Abbott, and others will be listed there. Although I have a zoology
degree from UBC and have had years of experience on our coast, I am not
an expert on our malacofauna, but with the right references and a little
help and suggestions from others I think I can do a good job.

I'll let you know when it's up and running.

Cheers,
Peter Egerton