Sender:
From:
Bill Fenzan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 17:28:23 -0400
Marsha,

Hawaiian Marine Shells by E. Allison Kay lists Harpa conodalis, Lamarck 1822
as a synonym of H. major Roding, 1798.

A Conchological Iconography: The Family Harpidae edited by Guido T. Poppe
and Klaus Groh (and published in 1999) treats H. conodalis the same way in
the systematic arrangement.  In notes on H. major, though, it says "...there
may be several distinct forms or subspecies, as shown on plate 25."

Warm regards,

Bill