Sender:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 18:28:27 -0400
From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Helmut,

Congratulations:

1.  You've collected more abnormally-reversed landsnail species than anyone
I know except Leslie Hubricht.

2. You've broken the relevance barrier. :-)

Harry

At 02:50 PM 7/3/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear Conchlers,
>
>there was now a discussion of left handed shells, including Cones. I never
>found left handed
>marine shells, but only a few left handed landshells.
>
>These species are:
>
>Acicula lineata lineata
>Cochlostoma septemspirale septemspirale
>Cochlostoma henricae henricae
>Cepaea hortensis
>
>from an old collection I have a left Helix pomatia.
>
>But there are also other reverse shells
>So I have a right handed Laciniaria plicata plicata from Feldkirch. The
>shell is normally left handed.
>
>I think this is quite interesting and shell related.
>with best shelling greetings
>Helmut from Innsbruck
>

>Helmut "Helix" Nisters
>private:
>Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
>A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
>phone: 0043 / 512 7 57 32 14
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>website: www.netwing.at/nisters
>(looking for samples of shellgrit worldwide for
>my nearly 89 years aged mother Irmgard to keep
>her quite young and active - it's medicine for her)
>
>office:
>Natural History Department of the
>Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
>Feldstrasse 11a
>A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
>phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>website: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at
>(donations in form of shells and literature (copies)
>are much wellcomed and appreciated)
Harry G. Lee
Suite 500
1801 Barrs St.
Jacksonville, FL 32204
USA   904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/~wfrank/jacksonv.htm