Sender:
From:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 19:03:31 -0600
Bill, Lynn, and Marsha,

I am glad this thread got started.  I just purchased my second Harpa
conoidalis at the recent COA bourse.  When I saw it I asked, "conoidalis?"
and the dealer said "yes."  I was suffering one of those senoir moments as I
said "conoidalis" but meant "goodwini" as I already had a specimen of H.
conoidalis and was thinking this was Harpa goodwini Rohder, 1993.  No harm
no foul as this little beauty has great color and pattern and looks
different from any other harp I have.  So now I will still have to look
around for H. goodwini (a decent reason to attend next year's COA
convention) and in the meantime I list my Hawaiian harps as Harpa major form
conoidalis.  The Poppe Iconography has some great illustrations and H.
goodwini (also questioned as a synonym by some) is obviously very different
from even the extremely variable H. major.

Now back to the nerites....

Tom Eichhorst in Rio Rancho, NM (where we are preparing for gobs of folks to
show tomorrow for dinner and a lazer light show over the back wall -- the
town decided to forego the fireworks because of the first part of that word)