Sender:
From:
Andrew Sharpe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 22:54:04 -0700
       So what your telling me is that you can't tell me anything about it.
  If I didn't refer to the proposed name how would you ever find out whether
it has been published.
If we named every proposed species "Cypraea sp." with the incessant
splitting of names of Australian cowries wouldn't we get confused on which
"cyp. sp" is which.  As long as the name is always refered to or followed
with "pending" or " To be named" what do we have to worry about.
Anyhows I think is a cross between a Marginata and Raybaudi and it has its
place in my shell display cabinet between the two. And thats where it will
always stay even if its just a different color form of the raybaudi. I
didn't buy this shell for its name but for its beauty and could really care
less if it doesn't  get this name or a totally different one.
  This shell gives me joy as do all my others, and names don't mean much to
me. Whether its a Arabica or a Teramachii I love them all.