Sender:
From:
Karen Vanderven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 12:08:57 -0400
In 1975, I bought an Oliva Porphyria at the Shell Shop, Ocracoke
North Carolina, for $14, because it looked so big to me. I still
have the label- it was found in Guaymas, Mexico. It measured
this morning at 110 cm.
Two years ago, I bought 2, $30 each, from a dealer because they
were so beautiful (not as big, one is 98 cm) but worth
every penny and more.

Re: the junonia, on that same trip oceanside I found a junonia
'skeleton; - obviously a junonia, there were spots on the parts
of the shell that remained and its shape was unmistakable.
I'm sorry I didn't keep it for my now "Look and Weep" box
for those pieces of shell you find that if you had the whole
thing you'd have a great specimen.

Karen