Sender:
From:
Frank Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:10:30 EDT
Make sure the buck is donated to the COA scholarship fund! Or is it all just
a joke? We should be judged by our actions as words can be just that, words.
In order to do a good deed, there must be another party that is the
recipient. What a unique idea.

Let's try harder to be kind. If you don't like what I say you may not want to
visit my web site, but that is you're choice. YOU can't visit by accident. In
my experience the majority of dealers are straight forward, helpful, honest,
willing to share what ever information or knowledge they have and will do
what it takes to make each of you a happy customer. They help offset the cost
of your conventions and shell shows, donate shells for auctions, act as
judges and provide expertise when and where possible. All while trying to run
a business that makes at least a little profit.

Yet some of you still begrudge them their existence. Why? I was told that it
is because some of you honestly believe that we control shell prices and keep
them artificially high and out of the price range of many people. Well, I
find that hard to believe. I have never been contacted by another dealer
suggesting that we charge such and such for a shell, or even asking what I
paid for any shell I offer for sale. We do not all have the same suppliers,
so if it matters to you, shop around. You will find a variety of prices. As
in all retail matters it does seem that customer service, quality and honesty
go into the happiness equation. Not just price.

If you have a problem with a dealer, address them with the problem, but the
sometimes dealers bashing that show up on this forum shows poor taste,
manners and a lack of knowledge. I for one, and not just because I am a
dealer, would like to see it stop and discuss more important topics. Let the
list administrators do their job. They do a difficult and thankless job.

Frank Walker

Gems From The Sea
Visit Our WEB SITE: www.shellgems.com
New Shells Arrive Every Week - [log in to unmask]
New posting every week under BULLETIN Board
Shell Trips - Herbal Therapy - Aroma Therapy
    BUY - SELL - TRADE - CONSIGNMENT
"Quality Specimen Shells For Every Collector"
(508) 481-7491; Fax: (508) 624-9778; out-of- state 1-800-497-3601
<A HREF="http://www.shellgems.com/"> Welcome to Shell Gems: buy and sell
shells from around the world</A>