Sender:
From:
Jan Haspeslagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 12:07:49 +0200
Dear Harry and others,

A locally "famous" case of extirpation is the sudden and complete disappearance
of Nacella lapillus from the Belgian and part of the Dutch coast. Although it is
far from certain that tributyl is the one and only reason for this
dissappearance, studies have shown it to be a major cause for this sad event. If
needed for anyone, I can try to locate some article references on the subject.

Best regards, and be carefull when choosing your boat paint ;=)) !

Jan Haspeslagh

--
Jan Haspeslagh
bibliothecaris/librarian VLIZ

email : [log in to unmask]

VLIZ
Vlaams Instituut voor de Zee vzw
Flanders Marine Institute
Victorialaan 3 - B-8400 Oostende, Belgium
Tel. +32-(0)59-34 21 30
Fax +32-(0)59-34 21 31
http :www.vliz.be