Sender:
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:38:24 EDT
Hi to everyone,
The Greater Miami Shell Club will be having its auction on Saturday, Oct 21,
at 7 p.m. at the North Miami Jaycee Hall, 12100 W. Dixie Highway, North
Miami, FL.  Admission is free and we would like to invite all who will be in
our area.  One of our items will be an Atlantic Slit Shell, Perotrochus
atlanticus, with data and operc.  This shell is 70 mm in diameter and
approximately 60mm high.  The slit has been filed  (and widened), the lip has
been filed and there is a healed repair on the base.  The color seems a
little pale to me, definitely more brown-mottled than red-mottled, but this
is still a very very nice shell.  Opening bid will be $90.00.  If anyone
would like more information about this shell or about our auction, please
contact me directly.  Thank you.
Carol Brunner