Sender:
From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 19:20:40 -0500
Hi, All!
    Does anyone know the world record size for Melongena corona?

Thanks in advance,
Linda Bush

    Another question:  I have been sorting through a lot of about
4 dozen of the species, which were supposedly collected live or at least freshly dead (and many have the opercs).  I noticed that on some of the paler colored ones, the stripes were much more prominent  on the interior of the shell than on the exterior.
Does this indicate that some of them were either somewhat sun-bleached, or that they have faded over the years?  They don't look faded to me (they were probably collected in the 70's.