Sender:
From:
Jim Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Oct 2000 13:21:53 -0400
>The photos are beautiful and appear to be perfectly cleaned.  What method was
>used to clean them?  Dental picks and elbow grease?  Water pick?

I used a MiniDremel tool to take off the thickest calcifications, then
simply scraped away for hours with a good dental pick and finally a very
quick dip into a well-diluted Muriatic acid solution. I'll have to post a
shot of the shells before I started work (after the initial bleach bath to
remove sponges and other soft marine growths).

Glad you enjoyed the photos.

Best regards,
Jim

Jim Miller