Sender:
From:
Karen Lamberton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 19:37:31 -0500
Laminating can be a problem- if hot, it can hasten the demise of valuble old
papers. If it is cold and not done with maticulus care, the adhesives can
get on the print and begin eating the paper! This is not an easy solution if
the value of the prints is to be maintained. Also, you don't know the
chemical make up of the laminate. Stick with materials developed for
conservators. They are not much more expensive than the quick and cheap
stuff.
When in doubt, ask at an art museum! You only get one shot at it, and if you
want to keep the prints for a long time, you can't afford a mistake.