Sender:
From:
Henk and Zvia Mienis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 19:58:00 +0200
I agree with you in all details. A sample labelled as cotype(s) should be
checked with the original description
for correct locality-data, date of collection,  etc. Especially material
distributed by authors, who were known dealers of shells (like P. Pallary
and H.B. Preston for instance; the latter even distributed numerous samples
supplied with new names and labelled as cotype(s) before he described
actually the material and quite a number remained supplied with manuscript
names only), should be turned over and over before accepting them as
original typematerial.
Henk K. Mienis