Sender:
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 23:17:31 -0500
7bit
From:
"Emilio J. Power" <[log in to unmask]>
Bobbi Cordy wrote:

> ONLY FOUR MORE DAYS....to get your entry into the Space Coast Shell
> Festival in Melburne, FL!
>
> January 19-21.     Room for 1000 feet of exhibits!
>
> Come join us for a great weekend.
>
> Bobbi

Yes! Yes!

And dont forget the Awards banquet on the 19th; scholarships [two]
will be awarded as well as the exhibit winners trophies/ribbons.

Warm weather, at least warmer than the more northerly neighbors, good
food [at the banquet and show], good company, neat shells, lots of
dealers with super wares, auctions [two; mute and vociferous] etc. etc.

NOTE: Need some grunts [volunteers] for floor hosts [glass cleaners],
good way to
see the exhibits in detail. One warning; do not clean those exhibits
not wanting
this specialized service by the exhibitor, for these you hand over
paper towels
and windex bottle to the exhibitor and have him clean his/her own
glass. Also
do not spray the glass. Spray the towel and then wipe the glass with
the towel.
This will protect the backboard signage from ink runnies or photo
deterioration.
Please protect the towels and windex from being lost by returning them
after
your tour of hosting, to the break room. Hosting entails more than
cleaning. You
have to answer questions by visitors or newbies. If you do not know the
answer
you can make an intelligent guess,  call upon the exhibitor, call upon
a judge or
anyone else you may think that knows the answer. If any of this fails
refer the
gentleman or lady to post the question the CONCH-L listserv.

Another NOTE: If you volunteer to bring food/snacks, make sure it is
the good
stuff [with fat or with sugar or with cholesterol]. It is only once a
year,
so we can cheat on the diet, if applicable.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!!!  :-)

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power