Sender:
From:
Ellen Bulger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:34:07 EST
No, no, no Harry, I wasn't thinking of making a fake or fooling anyone. The
idea was to make ceramic objects with various shapes and textures as
"offerings" for the xenos. I can't imagine that you could compel the snails
to attach something that they did not like. And I'm not a collector of rare
shells or anything of that sort. I just really like Xenophora.

I wasn't thinking of making fake shells. The objects I'd make for them would
be obviously unnatural in form and color. My idea was a collaborative effort
between human and snail. Xenophora were the original assemblage artists,
after all.

Ellen