Sender:
From:
Henk and Zvia Mienis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:37:01 +0200
An up-to-date list of all the Red Sea molluscs including the Gulfs of Suez,
Aden and Aqaba (not Aquaba, it has nothing to do with aqua=water) has been
published by:
Dekker, H. & Orlin, Z., 2000: Check-list of Red Sea mollusca. Spirula, 47
(supplement): 1-46.
It contains numerous changes in the nomenclature used by Oliver (1992) in
his excellent "Bivalved seashells of the Red Sea", in part based on changes
made already by Oliver (1995) himself in his chapter on the bivalves in
"Seashells of Eastern Arabia" (Bosch et al., 1995).
Regards,
Henk K. Mienis
National Mollusc Collection
Dept. Evolution, Systematics & Ecology