Sender:
From:
Rich Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 22:51:43 -0600
Papustyla pulcherrima is a victim of the logging trade on Manus Island
where the exotic hardwoods are more valuable than the snails (raw wood
planks are worth many times the value of the green snail shell).  The
status of the species cannot yet be verified.  A few on-line references are
linked below.

http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/9468/papua_ng.htm

http://www.amnh.org/Exhibition/Expedition/Endangered/snail/snail.html

http://orion.mesc.nbs.gov/species_profile/species_profile.html?spcode=G000