Sender:
From:
Phil Liff-Grieff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 00:43:59 -0800
Dan,

Protothaca grata (Say, 1831) is a species not found in California, only further
south in Baja California (which is actually in Mexico, for those with little
experience with Eastern Pacific localities).  Keen (1971) describes it's range as
"Cape Colnett, Baja California, through the Gulf of California and south to Chile,
on mud flats and offshore in depths to 390 m."  My guess is that it is a fairly
common species on mud flats.

Hope this helps,

Phil Liff-Grieff