Sender:
From:
Emilio F Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:40:48 -0600
I have a friend who lives in Guatemala and has tried for years to get me
some land snails. Recently he came to visit his family and called me, very
happy, because he finally had some snails for me. Although he did have two
specimens of Euglandina michoacanensis, all others were Helix aspersa!

Emilio

>Helix aspersa! These pests have been introduced into Australia and take
>great pleasure in devouring any mail left outside overnight, they eat the
>glossy covers off local magazines. My daughter had a pet Helix for a while,
>and we fed it exclusively on glossy brochures of the junk mail type. They
>love it. At least these pests have some use (but they eat my plants as well)
>
>Patty
>
>Bookshop: http://www.booksofnature.com
>Publishing and info site: http://www.capricornica.com
>
>Capricornica Publications/Books of Nature
>P.O. Box 345
>Lindfield NSW 2070
>Australia
>
>phone/fax: 02 9415 8098 international: +61 2 9415 8098
>
>E-mail: [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Emilio F. Garcia
115 Oak Crest Dr.
Lafayette, LA 70503
USA