Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:32:00 -0500
From:
"José H. Leal" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Comments:
To: Conchologists of America List <[log in to unmask]>
Dear friends,

We have a added a new section on the shells of Sanibel Island to the web
site of The Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum
(shellmuseum.org/sanibel_shells.html). This selection depicts shells from
the Shell Museum collection. All were collected, at different times and by
many collectors, on Sanibel or close vicinities. This section will not be
an exhaustive account of Sanibel mollusks, just a nice selection "for the
delight of your eyes and mind" and an aid to research on local species.

We have included in this initial batch some gastropod shells that are
somehow similar and therefore prone to difficult identification. Most of
them are still within easy reach of the casual collector, particularly
during strong winter Gulf storms. This selection will increase in size as
we add more species on a
regular basis. Bookmark and check the site once in a while for updates.

Best wishes to all,

José
José H. Leal, Ph.D., Director
The Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum