Sender:
From:
mark & peta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:34:26 -0400
Genetically engineered foods, verses letting the world starve....
After viewing a PBS/Nova special tonight I witnessed a truly complicated
argument over an simple idea  , Genetically engineered foods and can they
save the world or will they cause destruction of the worlds naturally
evolving genetic pools??
After the 2 hour debate I was as confused as a passenger trying to find the
right gate at Miami International Airport.
To keep this shell related and not take on the wrath of the God's does
genetic engineering mean that we can splice genes from a   cypraea moneta
with cypraea leucodon and have an affordable rare shell for the average
shell collector ? Or maybe cross a quahog with a conus geographus and
develop a real "Killer" bowl of clam chowder? Well whatever happens I'm sure
the ultimate winner will be good old mother nature who will find a way to
combat whatever we think we can throw at her.
I think I'll stick a nice bag of Genetically altered pop secret into the
microwave (the same one that still works even though the door doesn't close
anymore . why do I get ringing in my ears ?) open a can of high octane diet
Pepsi and relax with the cell phone on next to my ear and watch "heehaw"
reruns ....sounds like a normal day at the ferret burrow or is that ferret
bureau?
Really can we cross species and develop new forms and by-pass the collecting
process altogether ,,, Cypraea ferretii....
Thank you for your tolerance , ferret out

Mark & Peta Bethke
3001 South Ocean Dr.  # 4-V
Hollywood, FL
33019-2804