Sender:
From:
Scott Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 21:00:07 -0700
Dear Phil,

I found the following in Vaught's mollusca classification:

  FAMILY: HYDROBIIDAE
Hydrobiidae Troschel, 1857 [Gastropoda, Prosobranchia, Mesogastropoda,
Rissoidea]; Vaught, 1989: 20
Hydrobiidae Troschel, 1857 [Gastropoda, Caenogastropoda,
Neotaenioglossa];Le Renard, 1996: 40
Hydrobiidae Troschel, 1857 [Gastropoda, Streptoneura, Caenogastropoda,
Neotaenioglossa, Truncatelloidea]; Pacaud & Le Renard, 1995: 160
Hydrobioidea
SUBFAMILY: SADLERIANINAE
Sadlerianinae [Gastropoda, Prosobranchia, Mesogastropoda, Rissoidea,
Hydrobiidae]; Vaught, 1989: 22
    SADLERIANA Clessin, 1887
    BELGRANDIA Bourguignat, 1869

Belgrandia gibba Draparnaud, 1805 is cited in Cossignani, Tiziano &
Cossignani, Vicenzo, "Atlante delle Conchiglie Terrestri e Dulciacquicole
Italiane."  1995.  L'Informatore Piceno, Ancona, Italy.

This work indicated the range as the northwest corner of Italy.  It runs
about 1.5 - 2.0 mm in length.

Let me know if I can help more,

Scott