Sender:
From:
"James M. Cheshire" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 21:00:42 -0400
Dear all,
On the first of June, Helmut wrote a message about
offensive posts to him on the molluscs.net For Sale pages.
I didn't see any responses to it; many of you may have been
too busy to look. I looked at the posts, and I found them to
be quite shocking. So that everyone can see them, I've posted
them here, in their respective order. Two are from Donald Chan,
two are from a person called "Seringueti", and one is from a guy
named John. Helmuts messages are included. Because they are
too large to post at once, this is message one of two:

Name: Helmut Nisters
Email: [log in to unmask] Date: Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 12:31:37 (PDT)
Comments: Dear landshellers worldwide, to cover my excursions I would
like to sell a few European landshells, including micros and some endemic
species and subspecies, very fresh taken and in very nice condition.
These species are including a lot of families and I will give away about
80 species in several 100 specimens. The price I think or I try is $
500.-- including shipment. If anybody is interested please contact at
[log in to unmask] I will send out the shells as soon I have the 500
dollars. Eventually by cash in an registered envelope or to a bank office
in Innsbruck or by a post draft. The material I am going to send you for
this is quite interesting and consists of 1 - 6 specimens / species. Also
some rare material is encluded. I hope to hear from you soon. with best
shelling greetings Helmut from Innsbruck

Name: John
Email: [log in to unmask] Date: Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 05:03:13 (PDT)
Comments:
Helmut Nisters!!! I can't beleive that still you are in the bussines.
When you trade the shells always send the junk, you owe some money the
molluscs net since may 2000 and you try to sell the shells, perfect!!!
Dear shell friends, be carefull when you swap the shells with this guy

Name: Seringuety
Email: [log in to unmask] Date: Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 10:51:38 (PDT)
Comments:
HOI HELMUT! Trying to sell some of your garden snails for 500$??!! I hope
no one is blind enough to find your proposal interesting... Guet a life
:P

Name: Helmut Nisters
Email: [log in to unmask] Date: Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 23:38:27 (PDT)
Comments: Dear shellers, I wanted to tell you again that I am able to
offer more than 100 species in several 100 specimens for this reasonable
price including shipment. The shells are not only garden snails as the
person two or three entrances before wanted to let you know. That is hurt
and discriminating for a landshell collector. My material is quite nice
as you can ask other collectors who have just traded with me, among them
Ross Mayhew, Simon Aiken, the different COA conventions (where I donated
some material) eg. Thank you best for your attention and I will remain
with best shelling greetings. Helmut from Innsbruck I hope there is a
possibility to delete this bad entrance of this person before. Such
messages I don't earn. Please contact me privately under