Sender:
From:
"George P. Holm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:45:03 -0800
>In a message dated 6/18/01 7:58:06 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:
>
><< Hi Ellen;
> I have preserved the hairy periostracum on Trichotropis cancellata and
>Fusitriton oregonensis by soaking them in "chiton goop".
> George >>
>
>Chiton goop being available at fine stores everywhere....

The ingreedients can be purchased in pharmacies, fine ones included.
It consists of half Glycerine and half 60 percent Isopropyl Alcohol. I use
the old "chiton goop" after it is to dirty to use on chitons any more to
preserve the hairy periostracum on shells.
The formula and proceedure for use on chitons can be found in Of Sea and
Shore, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 17 - 22.