Sender:
From:
Linda Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:34:20 -0500
Hi, Conch-Lers!

Now that I have been bitten by the land snail bug, I am bringing out shells that I have had for a while but not  done much with .
(Pardon the bad sentence construction .

I have two little snails labelled "Megalacron klaawateri," no author and date, from Manus Island, Papua, New Guinea.

Some questions:   Does Megalacron hold specific status or is it a subgenus of Papuina?   Is klaawateri a valid species or a synonym?   And lastly, what are the author and date for this
species.

I was able to pick up Tucker's Compendium for half price a few
miles from my house.   It was new, just a few miniscule priniting flaws.    What other books would be recommended for
foreign  land snails?

And I said I'd never collect land!!   The joke's  on me.

Cheers,
Linda