Sender:
From:
Alan Gettleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 19:25:10 -0400
Emilio et. al:
I used to think the same thing.  The other question, and I don't feel
too bad because I heard a Ph.D. candidate asked the same thing at an AMU
field trip to the Field Museum in 1996, and we did not get an answer is:
in museum collections when a person collects a shell the person's name
is followed by an exclamation point (!).  I have also seen that in
literature.  What is the official meaning of that?

Alan Gettleman
Merritt Island, Florida