Sender:
From:
Avril Bourquin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:33:54 -0600
Conchlers,

This is indeed a safe email to open.  I did so with GREAT fear at first.
However, it appears that Mr. Chorchat has developed a personal data base for
shells.  It looks like an excellent program but I'm afraid it is quite
expensive.  I've never developed any software and have had zero experience
in using such a data base, so I could be wrong in thinking it's too high,
but hey that's only  my opinion.
I'm afraid I upset Mr. Chorchat when I told him it was out of my league for
purchasing and with the language barrier I found it hard to make him
understand that I was not able to tell if this was a good price or not, no
matter, I could not afford it personally.  He sent me two emails defending
the price and saying how hard he worked on it, which I'm sure he did.  I
hope he has finally accepted my apology and explanation.  Language barriers
can indeed cause hurt feelings so easily!

Maybe some other brave Conchler will open the attachment (I have suffered no
ill effects, my anti virus didn't blow up nor did my computer, HONEST!) and
give their feelings on the software he is offering.  Is that really what
scientific data base programs are priced or is it slightly inflated?

Oh, by the way, the software opens with Microsoft Power Point   and goes on
to say "Mollusca Database Program is a program that is designed under my own
experience to manage a shell collection. It started when no one can create a
database program for me under my requirement. So I started to study, design
and create my own program based on my own experience of requirement that a
perfect Mollusca Database Program for shell collector should have. It took
me years to develop and finish it."

I hope this helps, All the best,

Avril Bourquin
P.O.Box 366