Sender:
From:
Scott Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 18:51:47 -0700
I have used Eledone for several years and it is has served me adequately
but is rather unstable.  It is based on Foxpro.  The developer no longer
supports the program (at least he doesn't answer my e-mails).  I don't know
if he still sells it, but his website does still advertise it, but it
hasn't been updated since September 8, 1997.  In my last successful
communiques with the developer, he indicated that he did not have enough
customers to continue support.  I do like the way it allows the cataloguing
of one's library with linking to the specimen database.

I know many of the institutions have developed their own databases.  It is
a shame that, at least to my knowledge, none of these programs are for
sale.  I was rather impressed with the one used by the Sanibel Shell
Museum, which I viewed during my visit there during the COA convention at
Sanibel.

If others have more to add on this topic, it would be great to hear what
they have to say.

Regards,

Scott Jordan