Sender:
From:
Carlos Humberto Duraes de Carvalho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 22:32:52 +0000
Avril
I Think that if the software is really good(If it took lots of years may be
is overpassed on some new tecnologies) and if the price was fair and
reachable fot many of us , may be the total amount could be enough to pay
the work. It is like lots of money spend in the films. Nobody pays fortunes
to see a film, although it have cost milions to be done.
Regards
Carlos  Carvalho   http://www.expage.com/shellscarvalho

>From: Avril Bourquin <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: database
>Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:33:54 -0600
>
>Conchlers,
>
>This is indeed a safe email to open.  I did so with GREAT fear at first.
>However, it appears that Mr. Chorchat has developed a personal data base
>for
>shells.  It looks like an excellent program but I'm afraid it is quite
>expensive.  I've never developed any software and have had zero experience
>in using such a data base, so I could be wrong in thinking it's too high,
>but hey that's only  my opinion.
>I'm afraid I upset Mr. Chorchat when I told him it was out of my league for
>purchasing and with the language barrier I found it hard to make him
>understand that I was not able to tell if this was a good price or not, no
>matter, I could not afford it personally.  He sent me two emails defending
>the price and saying how hard he worked on it, which I'm sure he did.  I
>hope he has finally accepted my apology and explanation.  Language barriers
>can indeed cause hurt feelings so easily!
>
>Maybe some other brave Conchler will open the attachment (I have suffered
>no
>ill effects, my anti virus didn't blow up nor did my computer, HONEST!) and
>give their feelings on the software he is offering.  Is that really what
>scientific data base programs are priced or is it slightly inflated?
>
>Oh, by the way, the software opens with Microsoft Power Point   and goes on
>to say "Mollusca Database Program is a program that is designed under my
>own
>experience to manage a shell collection. It started when no one can create
>database program for me under my requirement. So I started to study, design
>and create my own program based on my own experience of requirement that a
>perfect Mollusca Database Program for shell collector should have. It took
>me years to develop and finish it."
>
>I hope this helps, All the best,
>
>Avril Bourquin
>P.O.Box 366
>Invermere, British Columbia
>Canada
>V0A 1K0
>
>Phone: (250) 342-7224
>EMail:  [log in to unmask]

Chegou o novo MSN Explorer. Instale já. É gratuito!
http://explorer.msn.com.br