Sender:
From:
Livett Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 01:25:33 +1100
Carol, your query about Conus ateralbus got me looking further:

In addition to the images at Hardy's Internet Guide to Marine Gastropods,
http://www.gastropods.com/shell_pages/a/Shell_Conus_ateralbus.html

other images of Conus ateralbus with a range of colorations were found at
the following web sites.

Femorale Shell Photos
http://www.femorale.com.br/shellphotos/detail.asp?photo=23316.jpg

Schooner Specimen Shells
http://www.schnr-specimen-shells.com/4429a.jpg

Guido Poppe lists 6 specimens on Molluscs Net "Specimen Shells" page
http://www.molluscs.net/Guido_Poppe/marinep2.htm
with an image of one at the Molluscs Net gallery
http://www.molluscs.net/gallery/conidae/ateralbus.html

Indice  (www.shells.it)
http://www.shells.it/schede/scheda.php?id=1197 (images are from Giancarlo
Paganelli's collection.