Sender:
From:
jan neefs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 23:22:17 +0100
Well William , that would be very difficult to rebuilt something you've
worked on so long .But if I should do it all over again , I'll collect all
species I find on my holidays.And still Marginellidae , and try to get as
many species possible , from all localities possible . And there also may be
included some dead and worn out species in them , as long as I have a story
for it, or when the shell is an extreme rare one , like Marginellona
gigas.Well , that's one Marginellid I will certainly not get in my
collection , or I must become a millionaire !I don't mind to have such a
species in my collection , even if it was complete worn out , and with a
dozen growth marks .
The only demand of a shell collection , is to get a collection with not only
beautiful shells, but also shells with a story , like some Marginellids,
that are found in peculiar places, like Punum olivaeformis from Senegal, and
you have it from the Canary Islands , that sort of things .
The most important shells in my collection , are the ones donated to me with
kind intentions , or as a token of friendship. These shells are the real
priceless shells , even if they are very common ( thanks guys !)
I know it is not possible to have the Marginellidae complete , but I like to
give it a try to make it worth as a reference collection. There are so many
small , beautifull species in them , and they are certainly not the rarest
ones , that are very beautiful, like some small Persicula species, like
pulchella from Australia ,I can name a lot of examples, but I think you know
what I mean to say here .
Best regards, Jan Neefs