Sender:
From:
Constantine Mifsud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:09:53 +0100
Orstan, Aydin wrote:

> Greetings,
> I have noticed that museums place printed labels inside vials of ethanol
> with preserved specimens. But when I placed a label printed with an ink jet
> printer into ethanol, the ink immediately started to dissolve away. Can our
> curator friends please reveal what secret ink they are using? Maybe a laser
> printer? Thanks.
>
> Aydin

 I have been using my HP Deskjet for quite some time to print (black) ethanol
resistant labels. I use tracing paper to print on but I also printed on and
used normal paper. Leave to dry for a few seconds before insertion into the
alcohol, especially when working with small fonts.

--
Constantine Mifsud,