Sender:
From:
"Orstan, Aydin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:43:15 -0500
John,
If you use acid-free paper, it should last (almost) forever in ethanol.
Waterproof paper is coated with some sort of plastic material. You have to
worry about whether that material is compatible with ethanol. Although they
tell you to use pencil on waterproof paper, especially if you are taking
notes in the rain, pencil leaves a very faint mark on it.

In the field, I use artist's sketch books with thicker than ordinary &
acid-free (& recycled) pages with a Uni-ball micro pen with water/fade-proof
ink. My field books & notes in them have survived several rainstorms.

Aydin