Sender:
From:
"Orstan, Aydin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 15:50:56 -0500
I just took a look at the Pinto-Guillaume's paper. He states that it is
difficult to establish if Romans used Rumina decollata to control Helix
aspersa. Now, that idea doesn't quite make sense to me. Romans ate H.
aspersa & presumably introduced it purposely to the places where it didn't
exist. Why would they have left the consumption of H. aspersa to Rumina when
they could have done it themselves much more efficiently?

Aydin