Sender:
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:11:20 EST
In a message dated 2/25/02 6:29:12 PM EST, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<<
 I have a Pectinid which is almost definitely Nodipecten arthriticus, but it
is supposed to be from Margarita Island, Venezuela.   I thought artriticus
came from omly the Pacific. >>

Dear Linda,
  Stranger things have happened, but probably you have Nodipecten nodosus,
the true one, not the Florida variety (which everyone is probably tired of me
reminding the list is Nodipecten fragosus)  Check closely as they are
related. Refer you to the COA articles I wrote.
      Sorry to be so boring list,
           Carole Marshall