Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 22:27:34 +0000
From:
Pall Einarsson <[log in to unmask]>
8bit
Sender:
Sieglinde,
I am curious to learn more about your Lucinoma borealis from Iceland. Is
this a complete specimen? Where did it come from?
The species is first mentioned in the 1982 edition of Oskarssons book
Skeldyrafana Islands. A single valve was found in 1968 in the stomach of a
haddock. Iceland is not mentioned in the species´ distribution given in the
book of G. Poppe and Y. Goto on European seashells. Is it possible that you
have one of the first discovered specimens?

With best wishes,
Pall Einarsson