Sender:
From:
"Harry G. Lee, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 05:27:18 -0400
Dear Art and others,

There is a brief piece on the Red Tide and related mollusk-and-man medical
problems on our website (Jax Shell Club).  Click on "Selected past articles"
under "Publication" on the homepage.  Once on the next page, click on
"Mollusks and Man, part I."  Website address on my signature below

Harry

At 09:52 PM 5/21/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Paul;-
>   That's a very fine answer about Sargassum and Red Tide. Is the red
>algae poisonous to mollusks that injest it?  Again, is the sargassum
>home to small shrimp and crabs? Does the sargassum itself act as a
>buffer to waves and movement or does it just exist in this quiet zone?
> Are there other such zones in other oceans similar to this?
>      Art

Harry G. Lee
mailto:[log in to unmask]
Suite 500, 1801 Barrs Street
Jacksonville, FL  32204
U. S. A.    904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm