Sender:
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:55:16 -0300
7bit
From:
"Luiz Ricardo L. Simone" <[log in to unmask]>
        Dear Gijs
        My study is obviously not to be regarded as the "Phylogeny of
the Stromboidea". It is only a step in that direction, sufficient, at
least, for I perform the caenogastropod phylogeny in superfamily level,
my main propose.  Obviously, there are lots of things to do!
        Luiz

Hi all,

The fact that there are just as many synapomorphies (13) that Terebellum
shares with strombids as it separates this genus from strombids gives
food
for thought.
Unfortinately, the very important study by Dr. Simone had some important
omissions:
there were no representatives of Tibia and Varicospira, and very few
Indo-Pacific taxa were included.
So, we're not even half way in unravelling the exact relationships
within
the Stromboideans.

Gijs

PS this is not meant as an attack on the work of Dr. Simone, in the
contrary.