Sender:
From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 21:47:59 +1200
>Hello all;
>
>I have posted a scan of an unknown bivalve on my webshots site. This little
>guy is only 25 to 40 mm long and up to 25 mm wide. It is from water of 200
>metres and deeper and seems to inhabit mud bottom.

A. montagui (Dillwyn 1817), when compared to my specimens from Ron Noseworthy.

>any help in id'ing this one would be greatly appriciated!
>Take a look at http://community.webshots.com/user/tclenche
>click on the "Newfoundland - Unknown Shells" album. it is the first photo!

The other appears to be A. elliptica (Brown 1827). Note that the
freshwater bivalve is MargariTIFERA margaritifera...

>Many Thanks to all who look!
>Thomas Clenche
>Petley, Random Island, Newfoundland.

Were you collecting shells when i visited NF in 1990?
--
Andrew Grebneff
165 Evans St, Dunedin 9001, New Zealand