Sender:
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 18:19:43 -0400
Dear Conch-L'ers,

Sorry to use Conch-L for this warning, but I felt it important to pass
along this information for your computer safety.

Just briefly, if you receive an email from my worldwideconchology.com email
address ( [log in to unmask] ) with an attachment of any
kind, please delete it!

I just received an email with a .exe and .pif virus file attached --
ironically, the email has my email address as the sender and recipient with
the 128k size file attached that my anti-virus software picked up and
quarantined.

How the virus-mongers create virus-carrying emails using other people's
email addresses is beyond me.  It's probably done with some type of
spidering software.  So much for Web site software protection!

Again, delete only the [log in to unmask] emails that have
attachments, especially large ones.  When I want someone to see a picture,
I will upload it to my Web site with a private URL for you to download. And
if I am sending an attached text file, I will let you know in advance.

Sorry again for this off-topic posting.

Rich

http://mail2web.com/ .